Trusted Data is committed to looking after any personal data it collects about you.
This policy explains the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used, the control you have over your personal data and the procedures we have in place to protect it.
It applies to any personal data which is collected and/or provided through our website.
Trusted Data is the data controller of any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us via the Website. By continuing to use the Website and by submitting information to our Website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post any changes on this webpage. Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date with any such changes. The Website may contain links to and from other websites, including websites operated by our partners and other third parties.
We have no control over any third-party sites that link to, or from the Website. If you follow a link to any third-party websites, then please note that they should have their own separate privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you use or submit any personal data to third-party websites. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any third-party websites, the privacy policies applicable to them or their use of the information that they collect from you.
Trusted Data collects information via its website in two ways:
1. Information you give us
Contact details such as your name, signature, address, email address and telephone number and the nature of the products or services in which you are interested. These details are collected when you fill in forms on our Website or when corresponding with us by email. It includes information you provide when completing a job application, when you register to attend an event, when you search or interact with our Website and when you report a problem with our Website.
2. Information we collect
During your use of the Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your visit and the device that you have used to access the Website. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual personally. The information that we may collect includes:
- the IP address of the device used to access the Website;
- the internet domain name through which you accessed the Website (which may be, for example, the domain name of your internet service provider or your place of work);
- the length of your session on the Website;
- details of the pages visited on the Website and resources accessed;
- the web browser used by your device to access the Website;
- your device’s operating system;
- details of any website that provided you with a link to the Website (for example, Google, if you found us using a search engine).
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
The legal basis for our use of your personal data as described below will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described in this policy or the processing is necessary for Trusted Data to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions or we have requested and been granted consent from you to process your personal data for the purpose.
We may use your personal data as follows:
- To provide you with the Website, and the content and services made available through it, including to ensure that the Website and its content are presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To process any requests from you made via our online forms
- To contact you for customer satisfaction and impact surveys
- To support products or services you have obtained from us.
- For marketing and market research purposes if you have consented to such use
- To personalise and improve your experience of this website
- In connection with processing a job application
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported on the Website
- To notify you about changes to our service
RIGHTS, STORAGE AND SECURITY
In most cases you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us but, if you have requested information from us, we will not be able to provide it without certain information, such as your contact details.
Data Security & International Transfers
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We will not be liable for any loss of or interception of your information, unless this results from our failure to use reasonable steps to keep it secure.
Your personal data will not be transferred, or stored, outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) without your prior written consent.
You have a number of rights in relation to how your personal data is used. We have detailed some of your rights below:
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
- To access personal data held about you and to obtain a copy of it, including to receive your personal data, which you have provided to Trusted Data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible
- To obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances
If you would like to obtain a written copy of your personal data or if you need to amend any of your personal details, please write to us at the address listed on the website or via the ‘Get in Touch’ section.
To request your personal data, you will be asked to verify your identity and specify what information you require and provide us with details of an address to which we should send the information.
If you would like to ask us not to send you further marketing communications at any time. You can do so by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below. Any marketing email we send to you will also include an option for you to opt out of further marketing emails.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this Policy.
Please contact us using the following contact details:
F.A.O. Data Protection Officer, Trusted Data Technologies
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to know more about your rights in regard to personal data, then please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.